Evelyn Market Tote pattern from Swoon Sewing Patterns by Alicia Miller.
Evelyn is an easy to sew zipper-top tote and handbag with a soft, modern shape.
You can coordinate fabrics for the decorative overlays or easily omit them for a simpler look.
Handle lengths are designed to comfortably fit over your shoulder or in the crook of the elbow.
Both bag sizes feature an interior zippered pocket.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
Handbag: 12″ wide, 10.5″ tall, 4.5″ deep
Market Tote: 15″ wide, 13.5″ tall, 5.75″ deep
Visit Swoon for pictures, ideas, and more great patterns!http://swoonpatterns.com/
- 1 yard 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric (1/2 yard for Handbag size)
- 1 1/2 yards 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric (1 yard for Handbag size)
- 1/2 yard foam interfacing (Soft & Stable, or 1 1/2 yards Pellon Flex-Foam)
You can use Pellon Thermolam and Shape-flex SF101 in place of foam interfacing
- 3 yards fusible woven interfacing (2 yards for Handbag size) (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- 1/4 yard fusible stiff stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
- 16” (or longer) handbag zipper (14” for Handbag size)
- 9″ all purpose zipper (7″ for Handbag size)
- Four 1 1/2” rectangle rings (1” for Handbag size)
- Coordinating thread
- Erasable marking pen
- Fabric glue, optional (Beacon Fabri-Tac)